Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

waiting and seeing...

While today is day 54 on our LOA wait, this is what has been happening in my backyard...Almost 2 1/2 years ago my next door neighbor moved...it was a sad day for our family...but she left something amazing behind...her bluebird boxes, feeders, and supplies...it couldn't have been better timing since I was still dealing with the heartbreak of losing our daughter...it gave me something to watch over and protect (in addition to my precious boys)...anyway, this is my most favorite time of year and we have 5 babies as of today, (4 in this picture from yesterday)
...as I watch them grow until the 13th day when I can no longer check on them, it adds to the awe I have for our Lord...how life begins with just a speck that is undetectable by the human eye, and how each and every cell becomes what it is to become, whatever that may be...what a miracle it is to see all forms of life from the birds, to the fish, to all the babies born, created in His image, each one with a special gift and purpose given specifically to them for Him...

As I sat with my friend, Buffy, 2 weeks ago at the funeral of our 49 year old neighbor (husband to Amy and father to Emma (9) please pray for them), we listened as Psalm 139:13-18 was read...

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

As the words were read, we sat, holding each other's hands with tears streaming down our cheeks...it couldn't have been more appropriate for us to be sitting with one another...she and I share a special bond...we have both clung to that scripture, as she too, has a child that has a "difference" for all to see.  We both know that they were made the way they were for God's purpose and we give thanks to Him for them being "fearfully and wonderfully made." We are all " fearfully and wonderfully made."
All praise be to Him!