Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fingerprints, (again)

We have already been fingerprinted by the FBI (back in Sept!!), but apparently they do not share information with Homeland Security...finally our appointment date came on Wednesday, the 21st...but, whatever you do...Don't try to make the security people smile!  Matt and I drove separately so he could go onto work...our appt. was for 9am, but we made sure we were there early.  We started to approach the door, and then realized I wanted to grab a piece of gum from the van.  I turned around and went back towards the car.  The security officer asked Matt, "what is she doing?" like I was some terrorist or something.  He let Matt know that gum would not be allowed in the building, along with no food, no drinks, no cell phones, no cameras, no belts or pretty much anything.  You can come in with your clothes on and keys and appointment sheet and ID and that is about it.  Thankfully I had enough sense to ask a friend if my boys could come over for an hour or so, so we didn't have them, as that may have sent them over the edge!  My hands were freezing, but the very nice lady (I do mean that, she was very nice!) was able to get all my fingerprints. When I left they asked, "will you be coming back in?"  I told him, "I don't think so," in a smiley, chipper way" They were not amused, and I couldn't get a smile. Shoot! I was really hoping they would crack one!!  Oh well, that is there job, to try to intimidate people, just in case, they are up to something naughty.  I'm pretty sure I don't fit the profile of any of the bad guys. So now the prints are done! YEAH! Now to the next countdown!!  That was the last item to check off in order to get our I-800 approval from the United States government saying that we are able to adopt from China.  I pray the approval comes quickly, and I would appreciate others joining me in prayer!!