Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Friday, January 27, 2012

WE ARE DTC!!! DOSSIER TO CHINA!!!!

I just got the call from my agency and our dossier has left the building!! IT'S ON ITS WAY TO CHINA!!! From the time of our pre-approval Sept 19th, we had 6 months to get LID (logged in dossier in China). Today is day 130 so we should be logged in within a week or so YEAH!!! We may not be notified for 2-3 weeks. Right now for the next week, I get a break from paperwork from the agency, but not from myself!! My adoption binder is overflowing and disorganized AGAIN (how does this happen??) so I need to tend to it and re-vamp the system.
Next step after LID is LOA (letter of acceptance) then more things that I don't know that will lead to my eventual travel to China!  I'm saying 4-6 months to travel, others will say longer 5-9 months.  I am choosing to be optimistic knowing that God is in this!! If it is longer then I will deal with it then, but I'll live in "MY" world right now, it is a much nicer place than dragging this out into the next school year!!  We would love to have the summer or part of the summer to begin transitioning...Time will tell and it will be what it will be. Just can't wait to meet our son and bring him home!! 
Our family will celebrate tomorrow night since Matt has our North Florida Diocese conference beginning tonight and concluding tomorrow afternoon!! I am so excited!! We are another step closer to bringing him home!!!YIPPEE SKIPPEE!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! God is good all the time! All the time God is good!