Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Care package and almost a new last name...(he wears it well!)

My last post told of how I received the updated pictures of our precious child who lives on almost the exact opposite side of the world (we are at 30.3319° N, 81.6558° W -  Michael is at 30.5725° N, 114.2792° E - if you look at a globe you can really see it!), amongst other things. I also mentioned that we sent a package, last Tuesday to be exact...As I was on a field trip with Mason today to the Jekyll Island Sea Turtle Center, my phone vibrated telling me I had a new email. I couldn't download anything at the moment, but did see that it was from my agency with the subject title, "another update!"  I couldn't wait to get on the bus so I could see the rest of the information.  Within about 10 minutes we were able to board the bus, and then I waited with anticipation for the download. I had no idea what the info was...did they answer some more of my many questions?? What makes him happy? What makes him sad? What is the best way to comfort him? What are his favorite subjects? What kind of math is he doing? Measurements? Shoe size?  None of the answers were listed but we did receive this message...
Message from orphanage on 5/8/2012:
The child received the care package and was very excited.
AND THESE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




So when I downloaded the first picture, I gasped, and then let out an, "Oh my gosh!!" Teachers, parents and students all were concerned! I explained it was GOOD!  Mason's teacher knew it had to be about Michael.  She is precious and was so excited to share in my joy! I called Mason over, while a girl in his class said, "Mason, come here, your mom is having a moment!" I must have a reputation since she really doesn't even know me! Anyway, he was so excited and said, "Oh my gosh! WOW!"

Really when I saw the first picture, I saw his smoochable little face, then as I was staring at the bag he was holding, it HIT ME!! IT WAS OUR PACKAGE!!!...I was a little bit slow on that, but it was a priceless moment. The best part is that I had been saying, to myself, and maybe I told God too, "I would love to see his face when he gets the package!" So I did get to see it in pictures, and I got to see him as he saw us for the first time!  God is so good! Look at him! He looks like it is Christmas morning!! His little hand on that football (which fits perfectly!) and the RAYS shirt, that I KNEW was the right size for him. (They had him put on both outfits!!) I have a lot of clothes here already since I still have a bunch of Morgan's. (Michael is about 4" shorter and 10lbs. less) I started packing the other day, and decided I will unpack, half of it, and get him some things over there. I don't know how he has been experiencing life, but I want to take him to get his very own things!  I did get him a new backpack at Target to bring with me, so he can have it for his things, and it will be great for school too, not too big. It's very similar to the ones that Morgan and Maddox had last year.

I love the picture of him holding our photo album with the picture of us, and the picture of the boys with his birthday cake!! I posted about how they have elaborate cakes, but mine was NOT!  Apparently it does not matter! 

I am at such peace! I am not worried. I know it is all good! I know he is ready. I know he is willing. We may have some bumps in the road, but I am not worried.  I am getting ready to sign him up for soccer in the fall!!! I've contacted the school about next school year. Almost not really done with the upstairs and reorganizing not really closets and rooms. The carpets are clean, the downstairs blinds are clean, I will get to the upstairs next week, the outside of the house is being washed as I write, and the windows will be done on Friday. All painting will be complete within 2 weeks (by me of course, it's a sickness, I'm afraid...there is nothing like fresh paint!!)

All I need now is the Article 5 picked up next Wed. and then my agency to send me all my China papers, (our Visas to come back, which should be next week) and China to send my TA to my agency so I can make my flight arrangements. PLEASE PRAY FOR A TUESDAY CONSULATE DATE SO I CAN LEAVE THERE BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! I emailed a travel agent today to start trying to find a tentative route of travel. So far he gave me flight prices of $2600 per ticket!! IF I TRAVEL ANY TIME IN JULY IT WILL GO UP ANOTHER $300 EACH AT LEAST!!!! MICHAEL'S IS THE SAME IF NOT MORE THAN MINE!!! There are at least 3-4 flights to get me to Wuhan, then one flight to Guangzhou, the 3-4 flights home. I feel the flight will be my biggest challenge (for me), since I do not like to fly AT ALL, and my knees ache to the ends of the earth and my back issues kick in...BUT, I am not worried, since I will bring the ibuprofen and I should be set...

Seriously!! HOW CUTE IS HE????  I CAN'T STAND IT!!! I sent an email to our Orthopedic physician in town last night and shared the news. I love this man to pieces! He is so wonderful, so caring, one of a kind.  He responded with a congratulations and he looks forward to meeting him at our LPA meetings and hopefully knowing him as a friend, NOT as his doctor. We are praying that he will not need any surgeries on his little legs. They are not as straight as FEI FEI'S and ZOE'S and TEDDY'S,...we will see and we know God will take care of him (and us)!

John 15:5 -  I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

What can I say? Look at what God is doing with us!! He gets all the praise since we know that we could not do this without HIM! I am so thankful!