Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I-800 Approval, garage sale etc!!!

The United States has officially said "WE CAN ADOPT WU, XUEFA AND HE WILL OFFICALLY BE A UNITED STATES CITIZEN UPON FIRST LANDING!" I suppose I will be an emotional wreck when our first flight touches down in the states.  I have many prayers over my tears being shed with him. I do not want to scare him since I have NO IDEA what emotions he has seen in his foster family. I love you, is not something that is often said, if ever said in China, from what I have been told.  On one sheet I have read about his foster family, they HAVE shared I love yous, so I pray that transition will be easier...
The next step...I don't get it, honestly I read it, try to explain it, and I mix it all up...The approval has gone to the NVC (National Visa Center) to begin the process of getting Michael's visa for coming to the United States. Once the NVC receives it they will "cable/email" the file to the US Embassy in Guangzhou, China. This is approval of the visa petition. Then some more things happen, then papers meet up in Guangzhou, and eventually we will get out TA/Travel Approval!  This is what I am wanting to happen NOW! The sooner I get it, the sooner Mason and I can travel to Wuhan (where I understand it is VERY DIFFICULT TO BREATH DUE TO THE SMOG AND SMOKE!!) and scoot out of there and head to Guangzhou for Michael's medical exam and receive his visa!! Won't that be a happy day to get on the plane with him to start our new life as a family of 6?? It has been a long road to get to this point, but also quick at the same time...
Okay, we had our last garage sale...Drum roll please...$246! So the 3 sales together put over $500 in an envelope marked "Michael's medical exam"...I also rolled $98 worth of coins the other day...His exam has to be paid in cash, as do many other things...Thankfully, the Orphanage "Donation fee" and guide service can be wired to his orphanage so I won't have to have that almost $8000 strapped to my body for over 26 hours in travel time!!!  Everyone says it is okay and it is safe, but I hardly ever have $20 in my wallet unless I am going grocery shopping!

I have to come clean...I started this post some time ago...I am going to abandon ship now, and begin another one...stay tuned for more BREAKING NEWS!!! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!
Can you say Zacchaeus?