Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Article 5/waiting for TA (travel approval) and more Godwinks!

Slacking again, BUT I have an excuse! Nesting!!  Painting till all hours of the night, up early before church to finish painting Mason's room, finished painting Michael's room!  Need to gather a few things for his shelves, but overall it is complete...I'll post a picture when it's done. (now to repack his bag!! Again??!!)

I had been waiting to chat with my friend from Wuhan and he sent me an email...he has been out of town, and will be trying to reach his friend at the US Consulate in Guangzhou, just to see if she can help in any way...His baby boy, Sydney was born...MARCH 21ST!! MY BIRTHDAY!!  Okay I know babies are born everyday, but it was really neat that he was born on that day...Another amazing thing, hold on to your seat!  I received a voice mail a couple of weeks ago from our LPA District President's wife. She is the President of the Central Florida chapter (I am North Florida chapter President.)  She had received an email from a genetic counselor regarding a new family with a 4 month old baby with Achondroplasia. The family is having a difficult time accepting their child...they haven't told the father's family yet....THEY ARE CHINESE!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! What are the chances of that coincidence??? Again, this is a Godwink...I know they are in a state of shock and grieving for what they thought was a "healthy baby"...BUT I also know that their child can and will do many wonderful things if given the chance to show them!! The counselor stated that they wanted to have a long term family counselor involved and that they wanted to see other children like their son. I pray that them meeting Morgan and Michael will set their mind at ease....I know Mason would love to talk to them as well..I do not know when we will have the opportunity to speak with this family or meet them, but I pray it will happen at some point.  I am so grateful AGAIN that God gave us Morgan and that we are also being given Michael! I am thrilled that He can use us to help this family, prayerfully come to a place of peace.  I also have contacted a friend who lives in their area, and she is hoping to get her pediatrician involved with the baby's care, and she also has LOTS of Chinese friends that can help as well...This family doesn't know it right now, but this baby is a huge blessing!!! If it were not for us having Morgan, I am quite sure we would not be awaiting travel approval from China to bring home Michael, we would not have stepped out of our comfort zone...have I mentioned I am grateful??!! He has provided me with so much strength through all these years and has helped me grow in my faith and I am humbled to have been given these FOUR precious gifts from Him. I love all my children to pieces and so am blown away seeing each one of them doing their very own "special" things.

Our Article 5 was picked up on 5/16 so now we are in the waiting phase for our TA (travel approval). We were hoping to receive our TA last week, and then we was hoping to receive it Tuesday, then Wednesday now today, Thursday...it's not here!!!! Trying not to go "looney tunes", but it is a challenge! We are so close, but each day feels like 100...I know it is coming, I am just anxious to meet and hug our new "baby" boy!! I am so looking forward to doing little things with him...We just started reading at night with the younger boys again...it had fallen by the wayside with life being busy with the end of the school year, sports etc...It is a special bonding time, and I love it!!  I read the "Hungry Caterpillar" for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME, the other night and it was awesome!! Maddox by-passed so many things early in his life trying to keep up with his older brothers...gave up Elmo at about 18mos-2 years old!! I was in shock and devastated!!  He is definitely the youngest, wise beyond his years.  Hoping we can implement some old things from when they were younger so Michael can have some of the memories too when he is older...Not to worry, I'm not turning him into a BABY, BUT there are things that may be done that seem "strange" to those outside of the adoption world...We will do what we feel is right to encourage bonding and attachment to each one of us. My ideas at this point may be way off, or they might be on target...I will learn a lot while in China with Michael and Mason, but will learn much more once we are home...it is about learning and listening to either words, expressions or body language...words can not explain the anticipation of our "Gotcha Day!!" BRING IT ON!!!

Thanks for continued prayers in our journey!! We are almost there!!!