Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Thursday, April 5, 2012

March 20th...

I was chatting with Matt on the phone while he was at work, and my phone beeped and it was our minister.  I tried to click over, but was too late.  A few minutes later, my cell phone rang, and it was our minister again…I answered and he asked if he could come over that evening. YIKES!! What is going on?? He knows Matt is at work. This is not normal! What does he want? It being Tuesday, it is one of the busy days in the week (they are all busy, who am I kidding??) Morgan has chorus after school, then after I pick him up he has about 45 minutes to try to get homework finished then we have to leave for his soccer practice. We don’t get home until 7 then it is showers, dinner and bed.  Sometimes he has to finish homework after practice, so when will we do that??? I told him we would be home around 7 so he said he’d be there at 7:15. YIKES AGAIN!!  How will all those things happen in 15 minutes?? I don’t know but he is coming over, so I better get it together!!  I did ask him if we were in trouble or is everything okay since he sounded a little “different” on the phone.  He assured me everything was fine and it was a happy visit.  I called Matt to be sure he would be home.

Meanwhile, as I was getting the house picked up, I was also trying to get final numbers for our replacement AC unit for downstairs. After meeting with 4 different companies we finally found a good, Christian company to work with and we were happy with everything...BUT this purchase meant that we had to pull from our "not fully funded emergency fund," which is also our "not fully funded adoption fund" at this time!!!

Matt and I have never lived anywhere long enough to have to start replacing big ticket items (last year range, dishwasher, microwave), we usually ended up moving before that happened, but when we built this house 9 years ago, we said that we did not want to move again for a VERY LONG time...We wanted our children to grow up in the same house, go to the same school and church and be in one place instead of moving every few years, as I did when I was younger...it was difficult, but I did survive, although I don't recommend it...I love that my boys have the stability of home and family. We are so thankful and can't wait to share our hearts and home with Michael Stephen XueFa.

When Michael (our minister) arrived we chatted for a few minutes in the kitchen. We decided to go outside and talk since the evening was beautiful. He said that he had received an email from a parishioner stating that they wanted to donate to an“Asian ministry” specifically to a family of our church. He explained that when he first read it, he did not understand it fully, since our church does not have an “Asian Ministry.”  Further thought on his part, he realized they wanted to donate to OUR FAMILYanonymously through the church…So, he was there to present us with their donation! Let my “gift of tears” be released again!! THANK YOU JESUS!! Slowly but surely God is providing for our financial needs, we are not there yet, but it is through faith we know He will continue…

Thank you "anonymous" for your donation!! We are so blessed that you said " YES" to sharing and being a part of our journey!! Many blessings to you!  We know it is "more blessed to give than to receive" but we can assure you that we are overcome with joy!

Acts 14:17
Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”