Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Thursday, April 5, 2012

SURVEY SAYS!!! LOA/LSC!!!

THANKS BE TO GOD!!! IT'S HERE!!! YIPPEE SKIPPY!!! IT'S HERE!!!

 The long awaited Letter of Acceptance/Letter Seeking Confirmation is here!!! I spent the first few days of spring break in Ft. Walton Beach with my 3 sisters. I received a call about an hour and a half upon my return!!! I had been concerned that the document would come while I was out of town and would have to figure out how to get it printed, signed, scanned, Matt to sign, scan and then get back to our case worker in Seattle so our I-800 application could be sent...that wasn't to be since there was another Chinese Festival going on so some of the offices were closed, according to my case worker, therefore I could RELAX with my sissies!! That is a funny word (RELAX) because it is not something that I normally do much of, although there are some days when I have no idea what I did (and my house and husband don't know either!), but it seems to disappear nonetheless.
What is totally HYSTERICAL about the date on this document of April 1, 2012, is that Matt and I met on April 1st, 29 years ago!!! In our eyes, it is another Godwink, since it has already been established that there are no coincidences in life!!

So now the next wait begins, which hopefully will be less than 2 weeks (I-800 approval), then another 2 or 3 waits, with a week to 3 week time frame for each...Our agency says travel is 3-4 months, but of course I am going with 2-3 months, although no one knows but GOD!! Our POA (Power of Attorney) expires on July 14th, so I need to travel and have the adoption finalized by then, or I have to redo it, which would require yet another drive to Tallahassee!!  I would rather not make that drive again and would like to get him at the end of May or beginning of June!! Seriously, I would like to get him TODAY, but that is not an option...I have lots to do to keep myself busy though..Again, I have to remind myself that this is His time...The LOA wait was 58 days from LID (February 3rd).  I know these dates don't mean much to many people but I like to keep track, watch and be thankful for all the amazing things God has done, is doing and will do...
Psalm 118:1 - Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.