Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Thursday, April 5, 2012

March 24th - garage sale!

We had another garage sale! My sweet friend, Dana, came over the day before and helped me organize and price items for several hours!!  I was very thankful for the help and the company, and also her donated items.  My friend, Lauren donated some items as well, and that helped us reach our final total of $259.46.  I had a poster stating that all the proceeds were going towards adoption expenses of our son, and had his picture on it.  Most people were very kind, some could have cared less, which makes me sad for those people.  One of my neighbors’ parents were caring for their grandchildren for the weekend.  They gathered about $4 worth of things. The grandfather gave me a $20 and I was counting his change and he told me to keep it. He expressed joy and wanted to help.  He was blessed by giving and I again was humbled that a stranger would be so kind. There were some very nice people that came to my house that day. God is good!  I had several people that did not want their small change, which made me happy for them. They could see past $1 or $5 or $16 to see that there is a child that will benefit by their generosity.   It is so nice to see kindness in our world!!  One more garage sale to go on April 21st!!
Thank you to each and every one of you for continued prayers for our journey!!