Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Monday, July 2, 2012

7/1 continued...more food!

I didn’t finish writing yesterday after the church and Jesus talk…this trip is exhausting! I am having 2 mornings and 2 nights because I am trying to Skype with my family, and sometimes it is a long chat!!  Plus I am trying to write, which takes a lot out of me especially if I do not do it that night!! I am going to try to recap each night (for the rest of the trip) and get it posted so for those following, they can read it in the morning…My memory is scattered so I am asking Mason for assistance since his brain is much sharper than mine!! 

After the wonderful time at church, we came back to the hotel and relaxed a while. We went to the Trust Mart to buy goggles for the boys…who knew we would need them??!! I knew we would swim, but didn’t think about goggles! I have several pairs at home but didn’t pack them…We bought 2 pairs…Mason said the goggles were “blurry” at the store, but I told him it was because it had a protective film on them that needed to be removed once we took the packaging off…WHAT A MISTAKE!!  When we got back to the room and I took the goggles out, I looked closer at them…REALLY???? YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME??!!  I bought “OPTICAL GOGGLES” WITH A -4.00 CORRECTION!!! NO WONDER THEY WERE BLURRY!!! They are still sitting on the desk since we have not ventured back to the Trust Mart to return them…I’m not sure, but I may just have to eat them!! It’s actually rather funny if you think about it!  I had no idea that goggles came like that!! 
After the discovery of the goggles, we didn’t have time to go to the pool because we had to meet upstairs @ 4pm to put our Visa documents in order for the US Consulate. The more careful I was in preparing the checklist the more mistakes I was making. We were all joking about it.  We got it all the papers together and gave everything to our guide, in the "clear envelope."  I wasn’t excited about handing over Michaels’ passport since I have carried it with me since we received it on Friday.  It is fine though.  Elsie will gather copies of anything additional that is needed and have it ready for our consulate appointment on Thursday at 7:55 am. YIKES !! That will be an early morning, but I’ll be so ready!!! That will be the last thing we have to do for Michael to be able to leave China and enter the United States.
We decided to go to “Tekila’s” for dinner.  This authentic Mexican restaurant had been recommended by several people I have met on the internet.  The children's menu had a word search on the back and I showed Michael the first word so he would know how to do it. He was precious working to find the words.  He is very smart! He found them rather quickly! I know he is going to do well in school.  I think, the reading will be the most difficult, but I am not overly concerned about. We will take one day and a time.
Mason had some kind of Tacos, but he only ate the meat. He said the tortillas were terrible, but I think they must have been corn tortillas, not the flour tortillas he is used to…Michael had some chicken strips and fries (he has had SO MUCH FRIED FOOD!!! WE ALL HAVE!! I CAN’T WAIT TO HAVE A SALAD WHEN I GET HOME!!!)




I had some type of chicken tacos with onions, green, yellow and red peppers.  My dinner was excellent!  We walked back to the room, got showered and ready for bed.  They watched TV for a bit and then turned in.
Each night has been awesome at bedtime.  I squeeze in and kneel between them and we hold hands and pray.  Michael is used to the praying at bedtime and each meal.   He is becoming part of my prayer police team. (Morgan heads it up at home! DO NOT FORGET TO PRAY OR HE WILL LET YOU KNOW ABOUT IT!! He gives thanks for a LONG TIME for answered prayers!!)  Michael has come to know that this is what we do; therefore he knows to hold out his hand, bow his head and close his eyes. I look forward to the day when he can say prayers with us and also openly pray.  I feel that Michael is going to come to know Christ in a very deep and special way.
I thank God that we have just 6 more sleeps!!!