Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Friday, July 6, 2012

Packed and ready to go!! Goodbye Guangzhou!!



Today I woke up at 5:45...anticipating a long 2 days ahead of us, I couldn't sleep any longer...I will have plenty of time to sleep on the plane or when I get home!!. I skyped my waiting husband and children this morning, and my oldest sister Elizabeth (Beedo - she would say wisest...) My daddy is in the mountains and not able to skype so I have missed him the passed several days.  My sister Anne (Annie) in NC, I have only been only to skype with twice and I think she has only seen Michael once (BTW, Anne is a heart transplant recipient, October 9, 2009 and swam 1 mile non-stop the other day in 42 minutes!! Pretty awesome I'd say!!!)...Momma Zanie (my sister Jane) I have been able to reach most days except for today...
It has rained off and on today...we had our smallest breakfast to date this morning...took at a cab to Shamian Island again to try to find a dress for me and,...I rarely treat myself and Matt insisted that I get one! We each have something to represent Michael's heritage so I'm good...I have looked for shoes for Michael each day, but nothing...things here are more juvenile and I certainly don't want to set him up for someone to tease him!!! He has been wearing the same sandals the whole time, and I'm looking forward to him wearing shoes that fit!! He has a closet full of various sizes already, plus lots of clothes from Morgan. He is a little smaller than I thought so the pants and shorts I had altered are still too long...it's fine though, we improvised and rolled the waistband. It's all good! 
ANOTHER BLESSING TODAY!!! Guess what Michael got??? Do you remember about Michael losing his glasses the other day!!! The lady from one of the shops saw us shopping today and brought him his glasses!!! We were so excited!!! That was definitely worth the ride over there!!! I now have them securely tucked away in his backpack, along with his little soccer ball, books, crayons and paper. 




I told him on the translator this morning that we are flying to Hong Kong tonight and then 2 more plane rides and we will see Daddy, Morgan and Maddox!  I'll explain tomorrow how LONG the rides are!!!  Looking forward to getting through Chicago and grabbing some chips and salsa from Chili's and a SALAD!!!  Unless you have be deprived of certain things you have no idea how much they mean to you!!  A coke zero is NOT a diet coke, it's a FLAT COKE!!  They tempt you at the buffets with all the salad items, but you don't dare!! I know that if I did there would be consequences and I could NOT deal with that on a 14 hour flight!! I've already told Matt to get to Publix and get some taco seasoning, yellow rice, black beans and salad items so we can have some Mexican...Michael is going to do so well in the food category! I am really excited about that!! I was talking to one of our travel partners and her last adoption, she was with a family that had a child that WOULDN'T EAT AND WOULDN'T SLEEP!!! WHAT A COMBINATION!! I am so blessed that Michael is doing so well!!  Everyone that see hims says he is precious and is very smart! He is! 
FAMILY OF SIX ALMOST ALL TOGETHER!!! I can't express in words how immensely grateful I am that we have taken this journey to add to our family through adoption.

Ephesians 1:4-6

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love  he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will  to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

 I was just five-years-old, when I aspired a wife and mommy.  It is the best JOB I have ever had!! I had/have incredible role models to instill that desire in me at such a young age.  I am overjoyed with the abundance of blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon me. I am a sinner, but I know that He loves me. I know that He forgives me. I know that He died for me. I know that when He calls me home I will be with Him forever. 

I look forward to continuing to share how the Lord is working in my life and my family.  I hope that you will continue to check in...Thanks for following us to China and thank you for continued prayers...Blessings to all!!

Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.