Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Saturday 6/30 medical visit

The day started with another large breakfast buffet!! 


Oh my goodness! I have never eaten so much!! It is so crazy! Michael is going to be very disappointed when we get home as these spreads will not be offered at Casa de Ray!!  I have said he is good eater, and it couldn't be more true. I wonder if this is an Achondroplasia thing!  Our Morgan is a great eater too!! I am thankful that they are both so active early in their lives so they can stay in shape. They would be as big around as they are tall if they were not so active!

After we ate, we walked around outside where there is a beautiful waterfall and gardens and FISH!! Michael loves the fish! He had a nice tieme walking around with his big brother!!  They are becoming quite the pair!  It is so neat to see each one of them enjoy each other's company and be silly even though they can't speak the same language.  Again, I am SO THANKFUL that Mason is on this trip with me!!  He has been so responsible and helpful!  He and Michael will have a special bond that will last a lifetime. 
looking at the fish at the hotel garden







After breakfast we gathered in the lobby with our group and guide to head to the medical appt.  Michael was great. First they took his visa photo...

Visa Photo Time!  Always with a smile!!
 Next was to get the ears and throat checked...


Height and weight check...love the shoes on for the height check!!! We need all the centimeters we can get!!


We were done with our appointments by a little after 11 and headed back to the hotel...We hung out here for a while and then met our guide to take us to the "Trust Mart," which is Walmart.  We needed to get a "ring" for Michael so he could get in the pool.  We found a ring and bought some water also. We had to carry the water back to the hotel and Mason and I thought our shoulders and arms were going to fall off. It was a HAUL!!! We all were a little hungry but didn't want too much to eat since we were having a group dinner at a Cantonese restaurant.  The boys and I walked to Subway and got a sub. It is not exactly like the American Subway. No oil and vinegar or italian dressing...yikes, please don't put all that sauce on it!!! It served it's purpose so all was well....
We came back to the room ate our lunch and then went to the pool! Michael asked several times during the day about swimming so I was so thrilled to finally get him down there...he had a blast!!



 I can't wait til he can swim!!! I'm sure he will get it once someone can talk to him...(oh that just made me think of someone...A swim coach from last season is studying Mandarin!!! He just spent a month in China and learned even more while here!! I guess I should put that at the top of my to-do list when we return home???)  We went back to the room about 4:45 and got ready for dinner. By this time, we weren't even  really hungry, but we had already commited to going plus I really wanted to try some new things...



We enjoyed a nice meal, items added sporadically throughout the evening. We came back to the room, the boys got showered and watched a little tv and then hit the bed.  Another day closer to getting home!!!
7 more sleeps! Thank you Jesus for all the answered prayers!! Keep them coming!!!