Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday America, we are almost there!!!


more food at breakfast! I was thrilled to eat since I went to bed hungry!! I looked all of the place for a very small pack of miniture Reese's that I had packed and could not find them anywhere!!! The more I looked the more I wanted them! They weren't even purchased for me!!  (I found them this afternoon!!I've only had 3, really would like some dark chocolate!!!)
We went to the folk art place this morning, again, I don't know the name of it...

rooftop of building

Travel group photo
Happy 4th!

Happy 4th

Stained glass

Ginger Jar - reminds me of my momma

I wanted to be in this picture! It looks so peaceful!!!
Michael watching an artist create

Boys and their new friend, Liv from DC (adopted 2.5 years ago-she has a new sister)
our guide was telling us some stories on the ride over...some words about people praying TO their ancestors and leaving things for their ancestors...I don't get it...why would you pray to a dead person? I only pray to the one and only God!  And He is alive!!! I wish others did too...it is so sad to me that there are so many people in this world that don't know our awesome God. I could not be where I am today in my life, had it not been for Him and His Grace and MERCY!!  My Lord, I should have been dead ten times over, and he spared my life. He had me born into the most incredible family, brought me the most wonderful man to marry and blessed us now with 4 sons!

The looks on the faces of people when I say I have 4 boys!! I love it! I can't imagine my life without any of them!  They are each similar to each other, but yet each very unique. It will be interesting to see how each one develops a relationship with Michael. The relationship that has begun in China between Mason and Michael is amazing...Mason is so good at being the big brother...I know sometimes it is a chore, but he has his place in the family because God saw him fit for that position.  If you have read "Our story from the beginning" or know it because you have been a part of our lives for a VERY LONG TIME, then you know at one time there was a big question if we would ever be blessed with children...Thank you Jesus that You allowed us to bring 3 sweet baby boys into this world through Your amazing creation of life, and also bring a sweet child into our family that needed a family -  a father and mother and three brothers and grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and church family and friends from all over.  I continue to stand in awe that we have the many blessings that we have.  The biggest blessing of course is the never ending love of our Savior, Jesus Christ...It brings tears to my eyes when I think of all He endured for me! Amen!!

Back to the day at hand, our country's birthday!! We didn't get to see any fireworks tonight, but that is okay. After our trip to the folk art place we went to the jade market. I was told there were really good deals there...I am not a big shopper and not really a fan of jade...I did not find any deals that people had discussed. I picked up a bracelet and the lady said 2000 yuan...I'm sorry, that is no deal!! Next!
We hung out at the hotel for a while, and the boys played some soccer in the room!  Michael has got some moves and he will be ready for soccer at the end of next month!!


 I took the boys down to the pool this afternoon...Let me just say this...WE HAVE GOT TO GET THIS BOY SWIMMING!!! He has a tube with handles, but now he doesn't want it!  He hangs on the side and then lets go and then grabs the wall again. He knows not to drink the water. I have no idea how to teach a 10 year (or any age) how to swim!!  He is ready to get moving though. I don't think it will take him long once he understands...
We did have our first time today that he said NO to me...He was in the pool and I told him it was time to get out. He said, "No" and continued doing what he had been doing, just going under and then coming back up, he was having too much fun and didn't want it to end (he didn't say it ugly, he just said no)...Well, I told him to come to me, did not raise my voice, but let him know that he should do as he is told just with pointing and body language. He wanted to stay, but he knew he should come to me. He did, I dried him off and told him we were leaving. He was a little sad, for about 2 seconds, that we were leaving. I told him later we would come back tomorrow. I could tell he felt bad, but I believe it was because he tried not the listen to me...I have told Mason, "money see, monkey do." If Michael sees him not listen the first time I say something, then Michael will think that is okay, and of course it certainly is NOT!
We got back to the room, then we went in search of dinner! Growing so exhausted over trying to find food. I can't wait to have a salad!!! Went down the street, found a restaurant, but Mason couldn't get passed the goose hanging on a rack and said he would hurl if we stayed there...I was sure Michael was exhausted walking around with his little legs... finally we came to chicken express, then Mason said, "how do we know it's chicken???" I said they are hanging right over there!  No heads or necks so it was ok...got it to go, and then stopped by...you guessed it, McDonalds for a McFlurry and Hot Fudge Sundae...poor Michael, he thinks dessert is a given EVERYDAY!!! IT'S NOT!!! He also thinks french fries are EVERYDAY TOO!  They aren't either!  He'll be fine, I am not worried. He will have whatever it is and be happy!  He is just so happy!!!
Elsie our guide discussed our Consulate appt for tomorrow. It is not clarrified, but children 10 and older or older than 10 are asked, "Do you want to be adopted?" So we don't know if he will be asked or not.  In preparation if he is asked, I told him a few things today on the translator..I said, "Two more nights at this hotel then we fly to Hong Kong for 1 night." He nodded excitedly, and said "Yes!" Then I said, "Two planes to get home to America to meet Daddy, Morgan and Maddox!" He again said, "Yes!" and seemed very excited!  I said, "WE ARE YOUR FAMILY FOREVER!" He smiled and said, "YES!"  So if he is asked if he wants to be adopted, I believe his answer will be YES!!!

While we were eating dinner, I got overwhelmed after I had prayed and thanked Mason for being here with me. That I was so proud of him, I was so proud of them. I know, I know, you already guessed what happened...WAH!!! the tears fell, and Mason said, "I'm white on rice." Then Michael came over and hugged me also...oh my goodness!!  So I said a few more things like we only had 2 more days after tonight, and blah blah blah...a few more tears and they immediately came to console again...Michael understood that they were happy tears, and not sad ones...He is going to do sooooooo well!!!
A friend gave me a homemade scripture book for me to bring along on my travels...I think she made it when she adopted her daughter...it has been so nice to just open it and have something I need at that very moment...
Psalm 91:1-2
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty...He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him."

Isaiah 40:11
"God tends to His flock like a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His Heart."

Three more sleeps!
Tomorrow's appointment is early!! 7:55 am to meet downstairs! This means that we have to get up and have breakfast super early!  It will be lights out in 10 minutes.
Thanks for following our journey and praying for all of us! God's Peace!