Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

All Saint's Day

Sunday, we celebrated "All Saint's Day" at our church.  This is the day we remember all who have died in the name of our Lord. We light candles and one by one they are placed at the altar...What a beautiful sight to see! 


This is another time that the flood gates open and I miss my mother so much...I missed her seeing so many things in my life, but I am thankful to KNOW I will see her again one day...How I do wish she could have met the "love of my life", that she could be here to see all her grandchildren grow into the wonderful people they are becoming, with God's help.  I wish she was here to walk with us in this journey, I am sure she would be excited to be a part of this walk with God.  She is here, in my heart and I am forever grateful that God chose her be my mother. I am so thankful that she instilled God in our lives.  When she died in August of 1981, she was getting ready to teach a Sunday School class, with a lady that attends our church NOW.  I love to meet people that knew her. They all have such kind words to say about her, and it was always apparent to all whom she met that she was a follower of Christ.  THANKS MOM FOR EVERYTHING!!!