Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Praying while trusting and waiting

Mail call!  "Were you expecting something from Homeland Security?" were the words my husband spoke when he came in from getting the mail on Monday...OF COURSE I AM !!!  It wasn't the I-800 approval that I am longing for, but it was the "notice of action" that the process has begun. I already knew that since (they took the money out of my account!) the package was sent Fedex on the 18th and received on the 21st. The notice date was the 23rd.  The I-797C Notice of Action states that the next step will be another letter with our scheduled appointment for our fingerprints, which should be here within a week or so, praying the appointment date is in December! Most are saying this approval process is taking far past the 60 day mark, but they are required to send the approval within 90 days, I am hopeful and in constant prayer that it will be much less!! Please pray with us!
As I was filling in my December dates on the dry erase board, that SOMETIMES, keeps me on track, I also placed January 1st at the end...This will be the last birthday, Michael Stephen XueFa has without a family to call his own!!!! It makes me so unbelievably sad to think of all the things he has done without a "family" around him...ugh, it just breaks my heart into a zillion pieces...BUT the 10 years he has had without us, he will have many times over WITH US!!! Forever and always, our baby he'll be!!
I am hoping and PRAYING that we can send him a care package for his birthday, not sure how that will work...some agencies don't let you send anything before approval because he won't know who it is from...It really doesn't matter, I just want him to have something from us...I appreciate continued prayers for all of us while we are waiting...please pray for God's protection over Michael Stephen XueFa while he waits...