Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How some of this works...

First off - Thank you God for giving us this opportunity!! 
This whole process is very confusing...I am glad though that my friend, Lauren told me to process my own dossier!!  At least I have control on when I can get things done! But while I thought I would have my original home study delivered over a week ago, something happened in someone else's family. The director of our social worker's agency had a death in her family...I do not know who it was but pray for their peace...she came back to work on Monday signed the documents, had them notarized and sent them in the mail...I am kicking myself now that I didn't set up my fedex account until yesterday, could have had them send it that way instead.  So they didn't get here today...I pray tomorrow. Once I get them I can make my way on the long, boring drive to Tallahassee to the Secretary of State and get my verifications, then home to make copies, then to fedex to send my dossier documents to a courier in Washington DC. She will then take my documents to the State Department and get their seal, then make copies and submit everything to the Chinese Embassy...Once the documents are there, it will take 5 days to process and then they will FEDEX all of them to my agency on the west coast. Meanwhile, we will be waiting for the I-800 approval to come back from USCIS...that process takes 30-60 days I am told...once I get the approval of that I will make my way back to Tallahassee on the long, boring drive and get the Secretary of State verification then submit to the courier in DC, and then that will be overnighted to my agency on the West Coast (that will hopefully be the last of that procedure!!) At that point, I will then be dossier to China)!  After DTC, then we get LID logged in dossier..my agency said once we are logged in we will travel within 5 or so months! SO MY TIMELINE HAS BEEN WAY OFF!!! I was thinking we would travel in March or April (which is less expensive to travel - May starts their busy season- busy equals $$$)...I was missing some steps on a couple of things that take a while...prayers please for a speedy, thorough process with NO DELAYS!!! Michael Stephen XueFa needs to be home and looking forward to him being able to do this!!!  (Morgan praying on the soccer field!)