Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Friday, November 4, 2011

October 22nd - November 3rd

Oct. 22nd - 3 soccer games and our home study visit in the middle!! WOW!! Jamie came over at 11:30 and we went over our biographies together and then separate, that counts for 3 of the 4 visits. She said she would have it completed within a couple of weeks...

Oct 24th - we received an update about our son from China!!! "The child is going to the 2nd Grade with an average school performance. He is healthy. He loves sport and is interested in sports and games. He is not a picky eater. His most favorite toys are “Liu-liu Ball”. He speaks Mandarin."

Oct 28th - JAMIE EMAILED ME THE ROUGH DRAFT OF THE HOME STUDY!!! record time!! So, only a few typos, then she forwarded it to our agency in Seattle. She received an email Monday, the 31st, and it said they would get back to her within 72hours...UGH! Okay, wait on the Lord...I am familiar with the routine and since I know He is in charge that is fine by me...So I wasn't surprised when Jamie sent me an email on Tuesday evening and it said they only had one addition for the home study! Most agencies do NOT want a reference to religion, but they do...so she needed us to send some information about that...So we did and she forwarded the home study to the main office and they will sign it and send me the notarized copies...once I get them I will be able to start the authentication process. I will drive to the state capital and have all my papers authenticated. Once that is completed I can forward to the courier service in Houston for the Chinese Consulate...THEN once that is done I send EVERYTHING to my agency and THEN they send the entire DOSSIER to CHINA (DTC) Then they log it in (LID), and then we do some more waiting!!! Then more paperwork and then more waiting...we will do this several more times BUT... I know God is fully aware that we are waiting here with OPEN ARMS and that Michael Stephen XueFa has been waiting so long, so I KNOW that He is taking care of all these details. He has put the right people in place for all that we need to tackle on this journey and we are still in such awe of what He has done and what He is doing through us. It is really hard to wrap my mind around it at times...I woke up every day the past 2 weeks at 4:30 OR 5 and I was in China!!