Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Soul Surfer Strength

So if you haven't seen the movie, it is a must see!!  I took away so much from this movie...one thing in particular - Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." We have a choice to believe this or not...we choose to believe it!  This IS from Him...I know He has these plans for all of us...I know he has this plan for our new son! It is so exciting for our family to KNOW these things!! For out of all the people in this world, we get to be his family! I am not delusional, I know, we know, that this can be one of the most difficult things we have ever or will ever do, BUT we are doing it with HIM!!! So, though He has not promised life to be easy we do know that,  Matthew 19:26 states - Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” and also Philippians 4:13 -  "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength." Can you imagine the power if ALL people knew this about God?? What would the world look like then??