Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Friday, November 4, 2011

October 19th

Oct. 19th - Matt and Mary get their physicals. Our medical report had to be filled out and notarized. They had to wait for our HIV test results, so they filled it out on Friday. I was told the forms were ready Friday afternoon, but went on Monday to pick them up. They only had Matt's ready. Then I faxed the forms over to the doctor's office. I went on the 25th to pick up the forms and the notary was going to expire before the adoption would be completed so that wouldn't work...so Thursday morning Matt dropped off the forms with letters attached of EXACTLY what needed to be done...I had 2 of each form and then I had a letter that needed to be signed as well, so a total of 6 papers to be signed and notarized...The lady called me at 9:45 and said they were ready...I got there at 11:35 and she gave me the file...ONLY 2 HAD BEEN SIGNED!!!! I expressed the issue and then she took the forms for the doctor to sign and then came back and said, the notary was there, but she was at lunch with the RN...do you need to get back to work??? I told her I could wait as long as I had to because I needed to get those forms in the FedEx TODAY. So I waited 30 minutes, not a big deal, I sat in the lobby and was laughing myself to pieces because everything had been so smooth, this was NOT a big deal AT ALL!! Since my retreat in early Oct. I have had a peace, I'm not sure I had had before, well maybe at times, just not all the time...it's AWESOME!!! Not that all my days are perfect because they certainly aren't, but I am just thrilled to be where I am with my walk with Christ...

BTW, a FedEx overnight priority is $59 in case you wanted to know!! I haven't worked in 12 years but that is almost 3 times the amount I used to pay!!! I was in shocked...that was just to Seattle, I wonder what the premium will be when we send a care package to China!!!