Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hope

As we have just celebrated Thanksgiving last week, we have so much to be thankful for...the list grows each day...our family, our friends, our home, our jobs, our health, most importantly our SAVIOR!! As we now move into the season of Advent, it brings the birth of Jesus into focus...we are preparing for His birth, the most significant birth in all of history. Oh, how thankful I am that He was born to be our Savior...I think about Mary and how she must have felt when she learned that she would carry the Messiah in her virgin womb. What an honor to be her, unimaginably humbling I'm sure...why would God trust her for this role?  He must have seen something in her to give her such a role in life...the trust...the hope...the faith...the love...When I think about Mary, I also think about the pain she endured in being Jesus' mother. I can not imagine watching any one of my sons suffer as He did.  I am so very thankful that Mary said, "yes" to the Lord...She gave HOPE to others in her response to our Lord!  Her stretch of trust, faith, hope and love for God gave us all HOPE forever!  We are all called to help others stretch, stir things up in others.  I hope and pray that anyone that reads this blog, feels a "tug" of something that God might be calling them to do... All you have to do is have hope, trust and believe! He will be with you every step of the way!  Peace be with you!