Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another first!! Michael goes swimming!!!

We have been talking all week about going in the pool and had yet to squeeze it in!  I think I wrote before that he said he knew how to swim...I think I also said, I wasn't so sure that was accurate!!  He did NOT and has NEVER been in a pool...until this evening!!!
What a trip! I have always done an ISR (Infant Resources Swimming) course for my BABIES!  It is something that was a challenge to watch at times, but knew it was to keep them safe in the future around water.  People thought we were NUTS when we started building a pool when I was pregnant with Maddox and had 2 boys under 4 already...I didn't think it was a big deal since they knew how to swim and also I had a baby gate with an automatic lock and a sliding glass door with a latch that they could NEVER reach at that time!! They are all excellent swimmers with Mason having some incredible swim times and only thus far being on a summer swim league, he is a natural!!  Morgan has brought home 6 gold medals in the DAAA games at 2 National Conferences so far from LPA (Little People of America).  Tomorrow begins the 2012 National Conference in Dallas. We are sad to miss it this year BUT we are a little busy in China at the moment!! Maddox is doing great and taking time off of his events as well!
So we first went down to the pool just to check it out since Michael had not viewed the area yet!  Once he saw it, he said YES he wanted to swim...Came back to the room and got his suit on.  It fit perfect! (One of Morgan's old ones.) So the first time he went in, I was not recording, but he sunk to the bottom just like an anchor!!!  Mason grabbed him and he was laughing! I think I detected nervousness in the tone of his laughter.  Mason described kicking and motioned everything...we forgot about the breathing part...thankfully Michelle came with my notarized papers and was able to tell him things that we couldn't convey!  She described holding his breath and that was very helpful...like I said, I was not a swim teacher and neither was Mason!
More fun stuff to watch as we are with Michael to share in many firsts!! Next Guangzhou!