Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Sunday, June 10, 2012

COMPLETELY BOOKED (airline tickets!!!)

Who knew?? God knew!  I knew in the back of my mind...it's funny how all things work out, when you step back and take a look...It has been ALL HIM this whole time...I have trusted and believed that He would make a way, as I knew, it would not always be easy, but it would be His will, His way. How can I question that??
Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
This scripture speaks volumes.....He will be exalted among the nations, even in China, a country with virtually no religion...
My trip will go something like this...(I don't have my itinerary from my agency yet, but expect it this week.)
Leave Saturday June 23rd SUPER EARLY!!!! YIKES! Please pray for my sleep that night since we have to get up before anyone should, to get to the airport!!  Flight from Jacksonville, to Newark, then next stop Shanghai. Layover in Shanghai for a few hours, get through customs, then to Wuhan!!! We will get to our hotel late on Sunday the 24th, which will be morning here in Jacksonville.  Please pray for our safe travels...
Gotcha day is JUNE 25TH!!! We will proably go to the Civil Affairs office to meet Michael. At this time, I do not know where he is...they may have moved him back to the orphanage...I am praying for protection of his sweet heart.  So many changes in his 10 years of life...During my training and also blogs and other writings I have come across, it explains so many things about the different reasons why things are done the way they are done...some I had thought about, others I had not...there are many disruptions that happen with adoption...a disruption is when the adoption does not go through...therefore many times, children are not told they are being adopted until they meet their new family...it is for their protection....
read the following to understand more about where our son is coming from...brace your heart and maybe grab a tissue...
(copied from LWB - realistic expectations)
http://www.lwbcommunity.org/realistic-expectations-child-preparation
we obviously know that Michael knows, but that is all we know...we don't know the answers to COUNTLESS questions, but the most important thing we do know is that God will take care of all of us, matter what, and He will do it FOREVER!! That is what I am clinging to each and every day...
The 25th through the 29th will be spent in Wuhan, and we will have appointments throughout the week. We will leave Wuhan on the 29th and head to Guangzhou until the 6th. Guangzhou is where the US Consulate is, where we will acquire Michael's US Visa...The 30th he will have a medical exam. We have other appointments that week as well. The 5th is the Consulate appt, and we will pick up his Visa late on the 6th. Late night flight to Hong Kong on the 6th for a quick hotel stay, less than 12 hours.  We depart Hong Kong at 11:10AM on the 7th! Our flight arrives in Chicago (USA) at 12:50PM on the 7th...Upon our landing, Michael becomes a US citizen!!!!!!! Tissue alert!! I've never been to Chicago, but it will now hold a special place in my heart!!  We will head to Jacksonville at 7:25PM and touch down in Jacksonville, at 10:38PM!!!! I will be beyond excited to see my sweet man and Morgan and Maddox!! I will have to remind them to bring a CASE OF TISSUES!!!
Thanks be to God we are almost there!!!