Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Friday, June 22, 2012

VBS continues, anticipating takeoff!

The Bible Story today...Jesus is crucified...we followed the cross around as many of the children helped to carry it after Jesus had fallen...then He was nailed to the cross...at noon the sky was dark and then it was finished.  My son, Mason played Jesus today...as I closed my eyes and listened to the story and looked up and saw my son with is head drooped and somewhat lifeless, it took my breath away...What a sacrifice...indescribable...How was she able to hold herself back and watch her son take his final breath and die??  She was able to do that because "Everything is possible with God." She knew the plan and she had to trust Him. He made it possible for us to have a Savior to forgive us of our sins and pay the ultimate price...for me??? yes, as unworthy as I am, He died for me!  He died for all of us...I am coming apart at the seams to share God's love with Michael!!  I have a plan for our flight home...it's not a huge plan, but I am really excited about it.  I have some "track" pants I had hemmed for him and they will be PERFECT with our VBS shirt from this week. There was an extra one and the children's ministry director said she would be thrilled for him to have one of these shirts!!  So, he will wear the VBS shirt on the flight home!  The theme is written on it, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD!! God is the reason Michael is coming here to join our family!  It is all Him!! AMAZING!! I can't believe in less than 36 hours, Mason and I will be boarding our 1st flight heading to China!!
With that said, I need some sleep!