Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

THIS IS THE MOST STRESSFUL PART SO FAR!!!

As I am trying to breathe and rest in Him, this is all overwhelming...I received the call from my agency this morning, and she left a voice mail on my cell phone...I have said multiple times, ALWAYS call my home phone first!! So I didn't get the call until a while later and then couldn't even get the whole message...the part of the message that I received said that my consulate date is the 5th, which means we will pick up Michael's visa on the evening of the 6th, which means I can't get out of there until the 7th with the flights the way they are, I don't mean to sound disappointed but I am, the trip is 2-4 days longer than I expected and 14 days is almost half a month, and I have NEVER BEEN AWAY FROM MY FAMILY LIKE THAT BEFORE...All of you that travel may not understand my issue with this, and that is okay, but my family is my world (not that your family means less!!), with God in the center of it, so off to look at flights...

I contacted United Airlines, since my dad has points to give me for Michael's ticket...THANK YOU MY DADDY...The lady at United was very friendly, in the beginning.  I explained we were adopting and had 2 going there, 3 coming back, I'm not a traveler so I really don't know how to get this done, with multiple airlines...after the 30+ minutes she seemed irritated, which made me feel awful since I really thought her job was to help people book flights...Her first go round was $4818 ROUND TRIP FOR ONE PERSON!!! WHAT????THEY WERE HALF OF THAT YESTERDAY WHEN I CHECKED THE SAME DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The flood gates almost gave way...then she was at $3495, then down to $2261 which was still a lot, but this is peak season and was planning on that, BUT THAT WAS A MISTAKE, I later found out, she was looking at the wrong date!!It was really $3836.17 to be exact!!! I needed God to give me some strength AND some peace and THAT HE DID!!. He told me to thank the lady politely for her help, which I did and get off the phone, and REST IN HIM, WHICH I DID! THEN THE BOYS CAME HOME!! YEAH!!!!!
Summer has officially started and we are so excited!! Side note, Morgan and Mason got straight As again and Maddox (1st grade) mastered everything and much more!!
Back to business...
So after the summer starting, picture taking & DRUMSTICKS (ice cream) all around (I even got one Jean!!)  I called the 2 travel agencies that work with my adoption agency.  Looks like I will leave on the 23rd and return on the 7th...Once I get everything confirmed I will be able to breath "much more better!"  (that is a common phrase in China, I have been told!!)

hello again!!  I know you were unaware BUT, I stopped mid-post and went downstairs to talk to Matt, to take a break from all of this...when I started talking, I was discussing the flight situation...I told Matt I was concerned that if I didn't book Michael's flight NOW that the option would not be there with my dad's points!! I told him I had to go, so back to the computer, which I am tired of looking at!!! BUT, I just talked to United Airlines and booked Michael's ticket for $60.47!! THANK YOU MY SWEET DADDY AND BETTY LOU (my step-mom)!!!!!!That saved us over $2K, which is HUGE!!!!!!!!  We are almost to the finish line!!!
TRUST AND BELIEVE, WE ARE COMING TO BRING YOU HOME, MICHAEL STEPHEN XUEFA RAY!!!