Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Holy Spirit at work!!

The Holy Spirit was sent to us, ALL OF US! He is alive and well and in action! We have been amazed to watch the actions of the Holy Spirit!!!
As you may recall, at the beginning of this journey, we did NOT have an envelope marked "ADOPTION FUND." We had some emergency funds set aside, for emergencies...(and there have been some!)
The financial gains that have happened during this journey can ONLY be explained by the HOLY SPIRIT working in others to help us bring Michael home.
I applied for SEVERAL grants. Lots of work involved. Some writings of others I have read on the Internet why they would or wouldn't apply..."Would you bother applying for grants, it's a lot of work??? it's too much work, we don't know if we will get it, we make too much money, they won't give it us, why bother?"  I'm sure glad I did bother and not worry about the work involved. YES IT WAS A LOT OF WORK, BUT IT SHOULD BE!!! You should not get it without a cost...I just thought if it was meant to be, then it would be...so out of the 8 or so grants I applied for, 2 jumped on board.  That is 25%!!! We get to share our story with EVEN MORE PEOPLE!! We will be able to SHOUT OUT about what God has done to assist our family to bring one of HIS precious children home!! Anonymous from church giving to our "Asian Ministry" jumped on board with help from the Holy Spirit, after my 17+ minute Testimony/Cursillo talk at church from the lectern (what an experience!!!) another couple jumped up with the help of the Holy Spirit, people coming to our garage sale, people that couldn't make it to the garage sale and then sent a check in the mail, our chip in account, airline miles, a check in the mail that said, "please put this towards your trip and this towards a party for your boys upon your return," an envelope placed in my hand at a swim meet with a note that said, "After reading your blog a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to do something to help! I had this jewelry sitting in my closet and I sent it off, and this is the amount that they gave me for it..." A friend's parents, "we want to help." Another check in the mail, "just want to be a part of this!!" THE HOLY SPIRIT LIVES AMONG US!!!

We were humbled to have this "call" from God, and even more so looking at more of His work at hand...How can one not believe, have faith?? Not that I would have lost faith if all these wonderful people not financially assisted  in our journey, BUT it is so amazing to be a part of someone walking with the Lord.  They will remember forever when they think of our Michael that their generosity helped bring him to his family!!! That is truly awesome!!!

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
I do not want to leave out a VERY important aspect of this journey....PRAYER WARRIORS!!!  Thank you to all of our prayer warriors!! I had sent a post on another site requesting pictures of people and families that had advocated for our son for the past several years...I have only received a few so far...

SO ANYONE READING THIS BLOG POST THAT HAS BEEN PRAYING (or contributed) PLEASE EMAIL ME A PICTURE AND PLEASE ATTACH YOUR NAME AND CITY/STATE!!! I want to put together a collage picture or photo album for Michael so he can see some of the people that have been praying for him!!!  I pray this is something that one day he will treasure, I know I will!!!
Thanks for continued prayers!!! God's Peace to everyone!!