Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Sunday, June 24, 2012

We are in Wuhan!

We made it thanks be to God and the many prayers being said!! KEEP THEM COMING!! I am wiped out, physically and emotionally, and there is much more to come!! Off to JAI at 4am Sat morning, through Newark, then delay in Newark, strong winds, plane too heavy they won't re-route to a different runway...we sat and sat and I prayed and prayed. this was not sitting well with me at all, so I clung with all my might to the One that has been the leader on this journey...after that delay we finally arrived in Shanghai...I can say now, that the flight home will the LAST time I EVER fly this far away!! Not a fan of flying to begin with, but we had about 3.5 hours of off and on turbulence that was extremely difficult to face, alone, so more praying, and then some more praying!!  The entrance into Shanghai was overwhelming...I believe I was the only blond in sight, and Mason the only blond/auburn pre-teen...(pre-teen??what is that all about???) Anyway, we made it though immigration, then customs, then to get our bags then walked to the other side of the airport WHICH IS HUGE!! Trying to find English speaking people, being laughed at, YIKES!!!  I didn't have tickets (only electronic) for this flight and also had to recheck bags since we had to pick them up from the previous flight...UGH! Were we tired??!!  Got situated and waited an hour til the number was called...then a shuttle to the plane, and also had to carry our backpacks (WHICH ARE FILLED TO THE GILLS) and also one carry on, up the stairs to the plane...now we are sitting on this plane just about 15 minutes and took off for Wuhan. The second hour almost did me in...I was ready to be done with flying!!! We made it to the airport and our guide was waiting for us after we collected our luggage,,,Her name is Michelle. The car ride to the hotel was about 40 minutes....we managed to get her to take us to mickey d's since we were hungry and that seemed "safe" to eat...don't let them put ice in the drink...I forgot and then Mason threw it out when I remembered...we don't need to get sick!!! Hooked up the internet and then was trying to hook up another plug, blew a circuit, all the lights out in our room and thought I shocked myself!! It sparked, but it was fine. I called the front desk and they can and fixed it quickly...I think I know what NOT to do!  !
Skyped my sister Jane, Matt was at church and hers starts later, plus she is an hour behind...trying to stay awake a few minutes so I can skype Matt, but might not make it!!
Meeting the guide in the morning at 8am, to head to the Civil Affairs office to meet our new son!  I can't begin to describe any of this really!!  Please pray for his heart, his acceptance of his new life with our family. We want the very best for him and pray that we can give him that.
EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!
Stay tuned for "GOTCHA DAY - JUNE 25TH, 2012!
BTW - the time difference is 12 hours