Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Monday, June 25, 2012

GOTCHA DAY!!! HE IS HERE, HE IS HERE!!

THANK YOU JESUS! XUEFA IS DOING SO WELL!!! Our guide has left us for the night so we are on our own.  She ordered McDonalds, since we don't know anything else and he wanted a hamburger!! They will deliver for about $1 which is so great because it is a haul to get to it. Under the street to cross the street although I think his little legs could carry him, but my 5 hour sleep and long flights to get here are catching up with me...
I was able to find out that he left his foster family this morning. What a knife through the chest!  They loved him dearly and will miss him. He loved them as well. They gave him a journal with a note in the front cover, they hope he is happy and has a good life.
I received a photo album of many pictures over the last several years. a silver plate of the orphanage and several other things. He came to me and gave me a hug. I didn't lose it like I thought I would, although I had been praying over my emotions as I did not want to scare him.  They said he was a little sad. I used the translator I borrowed from my friend Lauren and told him we would take good care of him. He nodded.We had some time at the Civil Affairs office and then went to get his passport picture taken (we will receive his passport on Friday.) I met one of his teachers.  I left my questions in the room and couldn't think of all I wanted to ask, but he knows all basic math including multiplication and division. YEAH! 
HE IS VERY SWEET!!!! I KNEW I SAW HIS HEART IN THE VIDEO!!! I told him "wo ai ni" at the office, and he said it back.  It means "I love you."  I'm smart enough to know that he probably doesn't love me yet, but he will! Mason is a great big brother again!!  He was letting him put stickers on him and was blowing bubbles. Sweetness! The funniest part was that when he arrived, he arrived with a SWORD!!!!  Is he going to fit in or what??? Jiminy Christmas!!!  It couldn't believe it!! Once he gets some English, he knows a few words, he is going to do so well!! I'll write more later, but I know you mostly want to see pictures so here they are!! Enjoy!

Isaiah 43:5
Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.

Psalm 118:24 -This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Hallelujah, Praise the Lord and pass the collard greens!!! Hallelujah!!AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!

BTW, the mark on his eye in his passport picture is proof he is a RAY! Everyone has facial injuries including the mama and baba!!