Our adoption journey

This is our journey to adopt our son who has Achondroplasia, the most common form of short stature/dwarfism and lives a half a world away. He has been waiting so long and we are unbelievably humbled to answer God's call. "Here we are Lord! Please lead the way."
John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you."

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Our second day with Michael...what a love!

The day started with me waking up at 5:30 for the final time...I can't seem to sleep straight through the night. I wake up about every 2 hours with "brain chatter" and then go back to sleep. The sun comes up about 5:30ish so that seems to be the full waking hour for me.  (While I sit here typing I could really use some toothpicks in my eyes!!) The boys slept for a while and then Mason wanted to get up. I suggested he stay in bed a bit longer so he did...a bit later he was getting up, I said to stay while I got a picture of Michael...

look at that smile! He was already awake!
We leisurely got ready for the day. I skyped with my family then we went to breakfast. Another day without the best java, but I am being thankful and drinking what I can get!! 

Another big breakfast! He uses his utensils very well and didn't want the chopsticks. Mason loves the croissants!!

Just like every other boy in my house! He knows how to use the remote!!


Hotel lobby
We were scheduled to go the Yellow Crane Tower this morning, postponed until the afternoon because of the rain. So we were at the hotel until 2pm and then left with Michelle,our guide.
Here are the pictures from our outing. We also say a show while we were there and it was fabulous! Michael thoroughly enjoyed it, made comments to Michelle. She told me he is very smart and well educated in the Chinese culture.




walking up the steps to the Yellow Crane Tower 

The previous was written yesterday!  I could not finish my post!! I had said earlier I needed toothpicks for my eyes and I couldn't find any!! I stopped writing and went to take a "rest" and it turned into a SLEEP!  Matt skyped me and talked to Mason, I could hear his voice but couldn't pry myself off of the bed to sit at the desk.  I am plugged into the internet cable so I can't sit on the bed and post...I'm starting to get an imprint from this chair, although it is much softer than the concrete bed and pillows made of SAND!  They are not soft in the least!!  Not sure why they sleep on concrete!! I am really not kidding, the bed is like a board!! The visit to the Yellow Crane Tower was the one thing I wanted to do here so I am grateful the weather cleared enough to make it happen.  Mason and I FINALLY had some people want to take a picture with us!!  We posed with a girl and Michael jumped in the picture!  It was hilarious.  This little boy has been treated so well and has a confidence that has been nutured!! I am thrilled that he is such a happy boy!! At the tower we saw lots of different stones from the various provinces in China.  Lots of Calligraphy, and there was a HUGE display of the calligraphy brushes.



Check out the HUGE model of the brush

Model of Tower
Porcelain wall Story of the Yellow Crane carrying the old man up to the heavens...
View from top of the tower
One of the few churches in Wuhan (this is a Catholic church that Mason spotted!!)
more pictures on next post!!